31629 Outer Hwy 10 South Suite B
Redlands Ca 92373
Studio reopens June 15, 2020 with a limited in person class schedule and limited online ZOOM Classes.
Please see schedule page for class times.
Please read the important in studio guidelines at the bottom of this page and the class schedule page before you come to class. Thank you!
Divine Yoga studio is an Iyengar Yoga studio offering safe, effective and fun yoga classes to the local communities. Through the teaching of Iyengar Yoga, students can be assured that classes are structured to meet the needs of each student – at every level – with attention to safety, alignment and precision.
Why should you choose Divine Yoga Studio and Iyengar Yoga?
BKS Iyengar once said, “Yoga is for everyone. No one is too old or too stiff, too fat or thin or tired”. Indeed, Iyengar yoga is for everyone! Unlike other hybrid forms of yoga where you go to a class and do yoga with the teacher, an Iyengar Yoga teachers job is to guide the student into the poses safely and mindfully. Certified Iyengar Yoga Teachers (CIYT) have studied for years to skillfully instruct and
teach you the art and science of yoga as well as guide you through a sequence of poses designed to rejuvenate the body and calm the mind. Regardless of your flexibility or strength – Iyengar teachers adapt the postures to you and your body by using props (the brainchild of Iyengar by the way) so that everyone can receive the benefit of the poses even though they may not be able to “perform” the classical pose. I like to say that Iyengar yoga is “real yoga for real people!”
Read more about Iyengar yoga here: https://iynaus.org/iyengar-yoga/about
Mission The mission at Divine Yoga Studio is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where you can learn more about Yoga and its practice. In addition, we hope to guide each student to realize the benefits a sustained Yoga practice can bring to his or her life. Through a greater respect for your body, mind and spirit your Yoga practice will help you to see the divine that exists in each one of us.
In Studio Class Requirements
Please know that these requirements are put in place to keep everyone safe and to conform to the San Bernardino County Health department guidelines for re-opening. I am excited for you to return to class in person and feel hopeful that we can all remain safe and enjoy our Yoga community in person again!
Divine Yoga Studio Guidelines in the time of COVID-19
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms – please stay home and consult a medical doctor.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Upon arrival all students MUST use the hand sanitizers before going into the studio space. These are available in the front entry area and in the studio space.
- Students are NOT required to use a mask during class. But you are certainly welcome to if you choose. You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask when entering and exiting the studio and maintain social distancing requirements.
- Students must bring their own mat. No mats will be provided or available.
- Communal studio props for use are ones that are easily sanitized between classes.
- Rope Wall
- Students must bring their own blankets and bolsters for use. If you do not have these props here are options:
- I will place an order for blankets and bolsters within the first week of re-opening. Students that wish to order these props can do so then.
- I will “checkout” a set of 3 blankets and a bolster (if you wish) from the studio supply to students that want to borrow the props. These students will keep these props for the duration of the restrictions. I will ask that these students leave a deposit of an $80 check in case the props are not returned when requested or in good condition.
- Until further notice all classes will have a limit of 10 students. I do not think this will be a problem – However, we may have to go to reservations 24 hours in advance if we get too many students showing up to class. We’ll wait and see.
- Students will place their mat on the blue line on the floor. This will ensure that everyone is in social distancing requirements.
- After class – students will put their used props in the “to be sanitized” area.
- Students are encouraged to use the hand sanitizer after class as well.
- When entering and exciting the studio – please be mindful of social distancing. We have a small entry area and it can get crowded at the end of class. Try to minimize the number of personal items you bring with you into the studio so you can get in and out quickly. This allows others into the area and helps us maintain social distance requirements.
For my part, I will frequently disinfect commonly used surfaces, equipment, countertops, water machine, doorknobs, and hand washing facilities. The good thing is we don’t have back-to-back classes and our props have many hours (usually overnight) to dry out and decontaminate in between uses.
I will refrain from hands-on adjustments for the time being.
If you have any questions about these guidelines – please reach out to me. I look forward to seeing you all at the studio soon!